Un articolo pubblicato da China Daily oggi fornisce un perfetto breviario delle tecniche cinesi di demonizzazione e, da ultimo, censura della Rete:
1. Collegare la tensione sociale all’utilizzo dei social media.
Many people are considering how to prevent the abuse of these networks [Facebook e Twitter] following violent crimes that took place in some parts of the world this year
Parts of Britain were rocked by riots in August, many of them organized by utilizing social network sites.
2. Trasformare le critiche in Rete in lesione dell’interesse pubblico e nazionale
The Internet should not be used to jeopardize the national or public interest, or the legitimate rights and interests of other citizens
3. Collegare l’utilizzo della Rete allo sviluppo di patologie (avvalendosi di prove e/o testimonianze spacciate per scientifiche)
As more people, especially the young, get involved in online and virtual worlds, the greater the chance that this could have a negative impact on real life, said Xie Yungeng, a professor at Shanghai Jiao Tong University.
Teenagers can easily be addicted to the Internet.
4. Sminuire le potenzialità della Rete
“It’s convenient to chat with friends from China or other countries,” she said. “But it’s very annoying to frequently receive spam massages and rumors.”
5. Dipingere la Rete come luogo elettivo della menzogna
On Wednesday, a “prostitute” who had more than 250,000 followers, including several prominent Chinese Internet celebrities, on “her” micro blog account, turned out to be a 31-year-old man.
Using the pseudonym “Ruoxiaoan1”, the man, surnamed Lin, posted 401 entries on his Sina Weibo account, starting from January, fabricating stories about working as a 22-year-old sex worker who “accidentally” lost her virginity, in Hangzhou, capital of Zhejiang province.
Some of his entries were re-posted as many as 10,000 times.
Xie Yungeng said that young people are easily influenced by information on social networks, as it is very difficult to distinguish fact from fiction.
6. Dipingere la Rete come luogo elettivo di pericolo, pornografia e violenza
“Fraud, porn and violence are easily found on social network websites. All of this can be seen by teenagers, which places them in potential danger,”
7. Censurare la Rete con la scusa della sicurezza e dei diritti dei suoi utenti
The professor suggested establishing a law protecting online rights and interests of teenagers.